Here's To The Memories I Never Had

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween and my new heated blanket

I'm not tired so I'll ramble. Halloween and this weekend have been fun. I feel like I've cheated myself out of a holiday if I don't do at least one festive thing for Halloween. Last Thursday I went to a party hosted by UMSL's radio station. My friend got a tarot card reading which was really enjoyable to witness. I can never fully believe that stuff since I don't know much about it, but I still sort of half believe it. I can't quite explain, but maybe I just find the wicca stuff fun and interesting. Then Friday I had a relaxing dinner with my parents. We had some nacho dip, split a lean pocket (hooot pockeeeet), and a California Pizza Kitchen pizza. It was amazing. Halloween was enjoyable because the weather was very permitting, and a friend and I even went trick or treating. I can't remember the last time I did. Perhaps it was middle school, but trick or treating is not much of an issue for me seeing as though I look to be middle school aged. I wore a werewolf mask to make it foolproof though. At about our seventh house, a lady started to question where we were from so that concerned us. People were really nice, but we didn't want our 22 year old asses to be suspected so we enjoyed the candy we procured which was quite a lot.

Last morning I slept way the hell in and just wanted to lie in bed all day. I've been complaining to my mom recently that I'm always cold at night even with tens of blankets. I even wrote a silly, silly poem about my ~pain and suffering~ one night...

I put my hand to my face
between my cheek and pillow.
I don't know if my hand is now
warm or my face now cold.
How strange that the climates
of my body are changed
at the edges
on such a still nighttime
yet my mind is boiling
fueling only
the deep of me.

So my mom surprised me with an electric blanket. I've been too lazy to set it up today. Maybe I'll attempt to after this post. If I can't get it to work tonight then at least it's another blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home